L’Occitane from Provence in France was founded in 1976 by the then 23-year-old Oliver Bausann. Since its beginnings, the company has specialized in organic beauty care using the scents of Provence; especially lavender and verbena.
In the early 1990s the Austrian entrepreneur, Reinold Geiger, invested millions in the company that was threatened by bancruptcy by the time. He also took over the management. In the following years he transformed the company into a global brand with a distribution network of over 2000 stores in more than 80 countries.
The products are generally produced under ecologically sustainable conditions; complemented by eco-refill packaging. 25% of the more than 300 herbal ingredients come from certified organic origins; especially from local and sustainable farms in the Provence or the Mediterranean area.
The L’Occitane deodorants generally do not contain aluminum salts and are mainly based on raw materials of Mediterranean plants. The formula prevents body odor by blocking the bacteria development.
The following fragrances are available:
- L’Occitane Roll-on Deodorant – redolent with the rich scents of Provence
- Citrus Verbena Stick Deodorant – with a fresh and sparkling scent
- Eau des Baux Stick Deodorant – fresh cypress and mellow incense
- Aromachologie Refreshing Aromatic Deodorant – Made with the essential oils of mint, pine and rosemary
- Verdon Fresh Deo – with enriched in organic peppermint essential oil