How to make deodorant without coconut oil
Despite all the benefits of coconut oil for your skin and general health, some people just don’t like the smell of it. Here are a few dedorant recipes without coconut oil:
Some people prefer a deodorant spray over cremas or sticks. With the same sort of ingredients we mentioned here you can create an alcohol-free deodorant spray.
DIY deodorant spray – all natural
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup water (as clean water as you can find)
- 2 drops tea tree, lavender or rosemary oil
You will also need an old or new spray bottle container, emptied and cleaned.
- Fill your empty spray bottle with the ¼ cup of water. Then add half of the baking soda to your water and cover the bottle.
- Shake it well.
- Add the rest of the baking soda, cover it and keep shaking until it is evenly mixed. Your liquid’s texture should now be slippery-smooth, with a slight chalky look.
- Now add your preferred Essential Oil to the mix and cover and shake well, again. Thus, the oils mix with the base.
Homemade Powder Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
Well, it could be that some combination of baking soda and cornstarch powder are too irritating for someone with sensitive skin. In this case, we have a milder recipe for you, without losing its effect.
For sensitibve skin we change the proportions of the mix:
- 40 ml baking soda
- 75 ml arrowroot powder
You need a clean container with a tight lid.
- Make sure that your container is clean and dry.
- Add the baking soda and the arrowroot powder to the container.
- Cover your container with the lid, ensuring that it is firmly in place.
- Shake the contents. Ready!
DIY Aloe Vera Deodorant Spray
In this recipe we use a cambination of Aloe Vera and Witch-Hazel. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Witch-hazel acts as a drying agent.
You can add fragrance to this blend by your own choice such as tea tree, lavender, rosemary or sage oil.
- 1/2 cup witch hazel liquid
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 drops Essential Oil of your choice
You need an empty clean Spray Bottle
- Fill your empty spray bottle with the aloe vera juice and the witch-hazel.
- Add the baking soda to the mix and shake gently after covering.
- Ath this point your liquid’s texture should be slippery-smooth, with a slight chalky look.
- Add your essential oils to the mix, cover it and shake well, to allow the oils to mix with the deodorant. Ready!
Find out more Recipes: