Tom’s of Maine
In 1968, Tom Chappell who worked in an insurance company in Philadelphia moved together with his wife Kate and their children to rural Kennebunk in Maine, USA.
They couldn’t find natural personal care products for their family and decided in the early 1970s to create their own and sell them. Starting with a $ 5,000 loan from a friend they developed products that would not harm the environment. In the 1970s the product range grew including non-phosphate laundry detergent and the first natural toothpaste and natural deodorant.
In 2006 the company was acquired by Colgate-Palmolive, however, the philosophy hasn’t changed: Tom’s of Maine products do never use artificial colors, flavors, fragrances, preservatives or animal testing.
The following deodorants do not contain aluminum chlorides:
- uses odor-fighting hops and the mineral zinc to provide 24-hour odor protection.
Men’s Long Lasting Wide Stick Deodorant
- clinically proven to provide 24-hour protection
- available in three scents: Mountain spring, Clean confidence and Deep forest
- contains the odor fighting botanical hops and zinc ricinoleate to absorb odor.
Original Care Deodorant
- uses the botanical ingredient hops to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
Long Lasting Deodorant Roll-On
- Naturally sourced zinc ricinoleate helps to absorb and neutralize bad odors
- Natural botanicals coriander and lemongrass help to neutralize the odor-causing bacteria. Available in Unscented and Wild Lavender fragrance.
Natural Confidence Deodorant Crystal Roll-On
- clinically proven to provide 24-hour odor protection
- This deodorant contains naturally sourced potassium alum and zinc citrate to help fight the odor-causing bacteria. The Potassium alum is actually an aluminum compound, it is obtained from Bauxite (alumina hydrate) ore from the earth.